Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Broadmoor cake... AKA The GINORMOUS CAKE






Yesterday I delivered the largest cake... or should I say cakes... I've ever created. If these were served up entirely, it'd come close to 1000 wedding size servings. Wow.
The cakes went to the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs--- gorgeous location. The groom's cake was in the lower dining room by the head table and featured it's own up-lights and ice sculpture. I put close to 150 dipped berries on this two foot wide cake. It smelled heavenly; the cake was chocolate Bailey's with nearly a gallon of dark chocolate ganache inside and out.
The bride's cake was equally massive and was iced in fondant with glittery highlights. A plethora of pink roses were left by the florist for me to play with.

Pam Drennan, owner of Sapphire Events, put it all together; it was amazing! But Pam always does an incredible job:) I love to see what she comes up with.

1 comment:

Colorado Bride 2 Be said...

I wondered how ginormous was spelled. And the groom's cake looks DELICIOUS!!!