Friday, September 5, 2008

Dinosaurs!!!


I had a blast making this cake! I enlisted the help of my mom for the sculpting (she's an amazing artist!) and we spent a couple evenings creating all sorts of beings from the past.
When I met Rebecca and John she had created this cool sketch depicting the layers of the earth and the creatures that lived during those periods. It was so fun to see their eyes light up when we started talking details! I love that! I think my favorite layer was the second one up --we got to make some mighty alien looking swimmers. At the last minute I decided to sculpt a Cryolophosaurus to stand behind them. Rebecca had once mentioned that she had spent several years studying this particular fellow and I thought he needed to join the party! Thanks guys for allowing me to be a part of your big day! And thanks mom for all of your help! You rock!!!

1 comment:

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

We loved it! You did an awesome job and all of our friends love it. the pictures have even gotten passed to friends of friends who also love it. Of course we are an interconnected bunch of geeks..... :)
Thanks again!