Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My daughter's cake creations!





Recently Kiera entered the Springtime in the Rockies cake show (the holiday theme category) and was honored with 2nd place in her age group and 1st place for the People's Choice category. I'm so proud of her! She worked very hard on this cake, and having never covered a cake in fondant before, I'm quite impressed! I can't tell you how hard it was to keep my hands off and let her do it all herself.
There were moments of frustration--- one that will stick with me was when she looked over and said, "I don't know why the hell you do this for a living! This sucks!" It was truly hard not to smile (or lecture on language), but having shed tears over a cake or two in the past I understood where she was coming from.
In the end Kiera was so happy she chose to enter and is already planning out the cake for next year. Her brother wants to get in on the action as well and is thinking something with a skateboard.

No comments: