Thursday, March 24, 2011

When Grooms get involved....


Recently I had a second meeting with a lovely couple to discuss some changes to the cake design, and to my surprise, the groom had sketched out the cake. His sketch is so awesome, I had to blog it:) I love this.. when couples get excited over the design of their cake. They had even considered how this cake would look up against the beautiful, rich wood tones inside The Villa Parker:) I think they nailed it... a vibrant purple cake with shimmery champagne toned details is going to look stunning in there!

They asked if it bothered me that they made a sketch, and I told them not even the tiniest bit... this cake isn't about me. It's YOUR cake. I just get the extreme pleasure of creating for you. It's YOUR day. I am lucky enough to be a small part of it.

1 comment:

A Cake To Remember LLC said...

I really like it when a couple brings me a detailed sketch. It shows that they're intrested in the cake, which is much more fun than having someone say "I don't really care about what it looks like." I like it when they care!