Sunday, December 7, 2008

Having difficulty reaching us via email? @*#&@ Comcast!


This past weekend we discovered the lovely folks at Comcast did not switch my account from my old address to the new. This makes no sense to me since it's been working since we moved in and the install guys sat here and did this same task with me. The first online tech support person insisted I should be happy that there were no "health problems" with my account and that my email seemed to be fine. Uh... no... not fine. Not working. Not receiving nor sending... just idle. Bad. The second tech support person said it was because they were upgrading something. Really?? For a day and a half? Huh... The third try managed to figure it out. Someone simply forgot to notate the address change they said. So it's working (hooray!) but anything that was sent to us over the weekend never made it and is lost somewhere in cyberspace. Please send again:)

I'm rather frustrated with Comcast. Getting an actual human on the phone is impossible. Live tech support takes at least an hour. I frequently am dealing with a connection that has slowed to a crawl or times out. The install guys mangled the brick wall around our crawl space and I had to replace a bunch of bricks that were broken in half. But hey, they were able to send out the first bill in just one day! No problems in the billing dept. *insert eye rolling emoticon here*

I'm done whining now!

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am glad that it is now restored; however I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

Thanks for the sharing the post.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com