Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This is so cool it's worth mentioning



I get along really well with my ex husband. Like we're pals even. I know, odd right? When we split it was incredibly important to us that we remain civil for our children's sake. Why should they suffer because we screwed up? At first it was awkward, sure... feelings were hurt and whatnot. But we always put our kids first and we got over the nonsense and we've reached a point where my fiance and my ex went to a ball game together with our boys. How frikkin cool is that?? I swear, we should write a "how to" guide for those stupid parents out there that let their personal b.s. get in the way of what's important. Kids come first, no matter what. It's that easy. Get over yourself and you will be amazed at how simpler life can be!
Now I'm not naive... some folks out there don't seem capable of remembering that there are more important things in life than attempting to make your ex's life miserable. (Karma is a bitch- remember that.) What blows my mind is that they seem to be oblivious to the damage it is doing to their children. Kids have enough crap to deal with in life... they shouldn't have to deal with yours as well.

No comments: